Sunday, August 31, 2008

My Back.

Some time ago as most of you would know i hurt my back. It was when i came off a motorbike after an emergency turn (to miss a lady with a pram) sent me hurtling into the path....of..a semi trailer......which.......ahh.
You're not buying this are you?
OK I hurt my back through lifestyle choices. I spend a lot of time seated in a car on my way to and from work. I arrive at work and promptly sit down in a swivel chair. After a day at work i will often pick up after the kids or tidy up their cyclone path. I then sit down, exhausted for dinner at around 8:30 or 9:00 for dinner and them watch some tv. My physio tells me that this is like constantly squeezing the disc backwards.
The thing is I am still struggling with it. I still find that fairly normal loads like carrying a case of beer far too dangerous. Gardening is pretty much out of the question and trying to direct a fully laden shopping trolley is my own personal kind of hell. I tried it again yesterday and I looked like a guy trying to navigate a pommel horse without ever letting my feet leave the ground....pathetic.
Anyway let this be a warning to all. Keep in shape and look after your back ! I only had trouble with it once! - that was enough. I will probably have to manage it for the rest of my life.
Speaking of which - Gym again tomorrow morning at 07:30! -(it does help)

1 comment:

Owen Roberts said...

It is wery important to sit properly at computer.
I have trouble with neck. Neck hurty hurty.