Monday, March 8, 2010

Dog Log 8th March

I'm using this blog to log our activities with the dog so that when we meet with our dog trainer we can show what activities and problems we've had. Ben - no contact before work. Home at 18:00. Ignored dog on way in. She remained calm. Opened back door a crack. Jack shoved her nose into crack. I said "back back" and she stepped back and sat quietly. I said 'goood' and treated. Games: 1) 5 minutes of throw ball. Standing still and calling Jack. She runs around for a couple of excited laps then approaches. I hold out treat with left hand and right hand out directly below, asking for the ball. After two 'oops' she got the idea and spat the ball into my right hand and the same time as taking the treat from my left. After 5 minutes concentration lost. 2) 2 mins of chasing red ball whilst i try and get it off her, soccer tackle style. 3) 3 minutes of tug-of-war with tug toy. Twice I dropped it. First time she came when called and after a 'give' she exchanged toy for treat. On second drop she jumped at me with both front paws in my belly when i picked it up. Toy went away immediately and i went inside. Danielle - Breakfast 8am (before kids to school). Back back at the door and 'sit' before going out. Sausage left overs for breakfast. Shake hands, sit, down, jump etc for her breakfast. 11:30 half hour of training with me and Nanna. Came inside, practised 'on the mat', 'sit', 'shake', come when called. When time to go outside took out a chicken neck. Wouldn't go out. Hasd to go right out and call and wave chicken. she came out, took the chicken and got back inside before i could stop her. Then had to man-handle her out - we were tired and needed lunch and had had enough.

No comments: